Thursday, July 23, 2009

How can I best cut my daughter's Peruvian Guinea Pig's long hair?

I swear, that little piggie has more hair than I do!!!



His hair is especially long in the rear, and sometimes, 'stuff' gets stuck in it...how do we best cut it without risking to hurt him?



How can I best cut my daughter's Peruvian Guinea Pig's long hair?

Yeah I have three males, one being this lil part-peruvian:



http://www.secondstarillustrations.com/c...



Anyway, I just use regular scissors, sit him in my lap with a towel underneath, and trim his rear fur...just be careful not to yank at him! Usually I give him a trim every month or so, but I keep an eye on him and judge accordingly. If you're really worried about him squirming into a scissor blade, have someone else hold him steady with a gentle hand on his back while you do the trimming. Peruvians require a bit more in the "grooming" department than most piggies! Also might want to consider an occasional bath and certainly keep his nails trimmed. You can buy small-animal pet brushes and use one to keep his hair "in check" between trimmings. Good luck!



How can I best cut my daughter's Peruvian Guinea Pig's long hair?

I used to have one and its squeeld its head of when we tried to cut its fur. i would take it in to a pro to get it cut ;)



How can I best cut my daughter's Peruvian Guinea Pig's long hair?

Peruvian guinea pig with long hair??



I have seen (and eaten) guinea pigs caught wild in Peru- they are short-haired, multi-toned brown colored.



How can I best cut my daughter's Peruvian Guinea Pig's long hair?

Ok what you need is some salon type scissors, a spray bottle and a brush/comb.



You can use you're fingers to hold the pigs hair so it doesnt really feel it since they have sensitive skin. Just basically cut all the hair around their rear area. You can do the rest of the hair if you want. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment